MESSAGE FROM THE TOWN CLERK
POSTING OF PUBLIC MEETING AGENDAS AND MEETING MINUTES
Since we have a new website we want to assist you in posting a meeting.
Please be reminded that we have limited meeting rooms and we do our best to accommodate your choice.
You are required by law to post your meeting at least 48 hours prior to the meeting date. Please note the same rules as before apply to posting meetings. You have from 8 am until 3:30 pm to post Monday, Tuesday, Thursday; you have from 8am until 6:30 pm to post on Wednesday’s; the office is closed on Friday but we are here and you have until 12 pm to post. Saturday, Sunday and all legal holiday’s we are closed so it is always wise to post ahead of time.
The Board of Selectmen and the School Committee meet in the Selectmen’s meeting room on alternate Wednesday’s. The Zoning Board of Appeals meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesday in the Selectmen’s meeting room, the Planning Board meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday in the Selectmen’s meeting room.
a. No meetings are held on Town Meeting night (except prior to Town Meeting) and yes please post the meeting.
b. No meetings are held on Election Day. (It is unfair to the election workers and the candidates who are part of the electoral process as they cannot attend the meetings).
We have an exciting new way to post a meeting. It is through Civic Plus.
Go to www.ashlandmass.com. Then go to How Do I (on the top right). Then click How to post a meeting:
Then follow these directions below:
- Please create an account first so that you may receive permissions to post meetings (this is for the department head or the chairman of the committee or his/her designee).
- Please list your topics for discussion so that the public is aware of what you may be discussing. We do not need an 8 page agenda (have you seen the bulletin board we need to post on?) however the Board of Selectmen post a nice agenda that is clear.
- Kindly remember you are subject to the Open Meeting Law and we know that you will do your very best to ensure transparency with decorum.
- Kindly submit meeting minutes (even in a draft form) as soon as you can. Remember to submit the backup documentation that is being discussed (for transparency).
- Please submit your meeting minutes to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them on the website for you. Please be clear as to which date they are for and who the recording secretary is (as everyone asks).
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation.
Ashland Town Clerk’s Office
It is the mission of the Office of the Town Clerk of Ashland to be a provider of information and offer quality services to the community with a customer focused attitude. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, in concert with the voting residents of the town, mandates the Town Clerk’s primary responsibilities.
As such, the Clerk’s mission is to maintain certain town records, record town meetings and election results, note all marriages, births and deaths, issue certain licenses, and various statutory tasks in an effort to uphold the integrity of Ashland’s democratic process and to maintain and preserve public records.