Filing Procedures Have ChangedIf you are filing on or after 6/15/2021, note that our filing procedure has reverted back to requiring packets for the Commission. Any applications filed on or after 6/15/2021 will need to submit 8 copies of all applications, plans, and any other supporting documents, and a pdf of everything.
Please find the list of Conservation Meeting Dates for 2022, and submittal deadline dates, HERE. Please note that submission dates have changed as of April 11th, 2022.
Ashland Conservation Commission
The Town of Ashland has a locally regulated Bylaw (Section 280 of the Ashland Town Code) that is administered by the Conservation Commission. The Wetlands Protection Bylaw establishes a 25 foot No Disturb Zone to wetlands, vernal pools, banks (to ponds, streams or rivers), and other resource areas.
The Ashland Conservation Commission requires permitting for any work within 200 feet of a perennial stream or river, 100 feet to a wetland, bank of pond or stream, or within the 100 year floodplain (Zones A and AE of the Flood Insurance Rate Maps), or within other resource areas protected by the Wetlands Protection Act or Bylaw.
The Conservation Commission also administers the Stormwater Management Regulations (Section 343 of the Ashland Town Code). This bylaw, requires a Stormwater Management Permit for:
- Any activity subject to Site Plan Review (Ashland Town Code Section 282-6)
- Any activity that will result in the alteration or soil disturbance of 10,000 square feet or more, or that will increase the amount of impervious surfaces to more than 50% of the property or lot.
- Any redevelopment of a commercial, industrial, institutional or multifamily residential parcel (Ashland Town Code Section 282-99)
- Any activity that will disturb land with a slope greater than 15% and where the land disturbance is greater than or equal to 5,000 square feet within the sloped area and;
- Any activity that will alter, fill or degrade a wetland, body of water, floodplain or isolated depression subject to flooding.