Ashland Cultural Council
2021 Grant Season Information
The ACC Grant season is now officially open. Applications became available on October 1, 2020 and will be open for online submissions through November 16th, 2020. Applications are available at http://www.mass-culture.org/
Some additional information below.
Video for 2021 Grant Season
Links to print media articles --
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
The Council consists of 7 members and the length of a term is 3 years. Each member can serve 2 consecutive terms.
- Debbie Bresnick Term Expires 11/17/23 (1st Term)
Appointed by Select Board
- Donna Bresnick, Clerk Term Expires 9/19/22 (1st Term) Appointed by Select Board
- Amy Caruso Term Expires 3/6/22 (1st Term) Appointed by Select Board
- Moala Kitayimbwa, Treasurer Term Expires 11/17/23 (1st Term)Appointed by Select Board
- Isabel Perez, Chair Term expires on 6/19/22 (1st Term) Appointed by Select Board
- Visi Tilak Term Expires 4/14/21 (2nd Term) Appointed by Select Board
- Tonya Yaskovich Term Expires 4/6/22(2nd Term) Appointed by Select Board
About the Council
The mission of the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) and its Local Cultural Council (LCC) partners is "to promote excellence, access, education and diversity in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences, in order to improve the quality of life for all Massachusetts residents and to contribute to the economic vitality of our communities.
The MCC provides grants to individuals and organizations and through local councils which grant the funds to community individuals and organizations.
The legislature establishes a local aid formula each year to determine each LCCs fund allocation. A minimum allocation is set so even small communities receive a significant amount of money.
(Appointments are 3 year terms and a member shall not be appointed to more than two consecutive terms)
- Enter Stage Left theatre production Hello Dolly
- Making Books after-school program at the Library
- Music performances at the Mill Pond Rest Home
- Potter at the Historical Society
- Support for the New England Wild Flower Society’s Earth Day Program
- Tanglewood Marionettes at the Pittaway School