Ashland Upper Charles Trail Committee
The Ashland Upper Charles Trail Committee is developing a multi-use path through Ashland connecting with the trail sections in Hopkinton and Sherborn. The trail will be both on and off road, and will be welcome to walkers, bikers, strollers, rollerbladers, runners, and everyone else. We hope to connect not only Ashland to the surrounding towns, but also increase the connections within Ashland itself, connecting places such as the train station, downtown, the high school, and Ashland State Park.
The page contains information about upcoming meetings and events and links to maps, slideshows, articles, studies, and other materials related to the planning and development of Ashland’s section of the Upper Charles Trail. Our committee is pleased to be currently working with Cambridge-based Alta Planning + Design on a feasibility study to determine a recommended route, design character and cost for the UCT through Ashland.
Committee meetings are usually held on the first and third Thursdays of each month. Everyone is encouraged to attend our meetings and help us plan and build the trail.
If you have any questions please email the Planning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo credit: Alison O'Leary, Milford section of the Upper Charles Trail
- First Public Forum: March 30, 2017
- Second Public Forum: June 1, 2017
- Third Public Forum: September 28, 2017 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Belmont Community Path Advisory Committee Report 2014
- Business Impacts
- ET Economic Impact Study 2014
- Hilfer Impact of Rail Trails on Property Values
- Impact on Home Sales
- Legal Issues
- Overall Benefits
- Property Values
- Public Health
- Quality of Life
- Rail Trails and Home Values
- Shared Use Paths and Greenways
- VT trail manual
Mass Trails Grant
- 6.1 Maps - Ashland Upper Charles Trails - Mass Trails Grant Application print 2018.02.01
- 6.2.1 Photos - Ashland Upper Charles Trails - Mass Trails Grant Application (F) 2019.02.01
- 6.3 Documentation of Landowner Control - Ashland Upper Charles Trails - Mass Trails Grant Application 2018.02.01
- Masstrails Grant Application final