Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Ashland strives to be Dementia Friendly by creating a well informed, safe, respectful community for those living with dementia.
Our goal is to increase awareness and understanding by education and offering supportive options for people with dementia.
For more information contactthe Ashland Senior Centerat 508-881-0140 x 1 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashland Police: www.ashlandpd.orgNon-emergency phone: 508-881-1212
24/7 Helpline: 800-272-3900 or www.alz.org/manh
The Top Ten Absolutes when dealing with Alzhemier's Patients:
1. NEVER Argue, Instead Agree!
2. Never Reason, Instead Divert!
3. Never Shame, Instead Distract!
4. Never Lecture, Instead Reassure!
5. Never Say, "REMEMBER?" Instead Riminisce!
6. Never EVER Say, "I TOLD YOU..." Instead Repeat and Regroup!
7. Never Say, "You Can't!" Instead Find Out What They CAN Do!
8. Never Command or Demand, Instead Ask and Model!
9. Never Condescend, Instead Encourage and Praise!
10. Never Force, Instead Reinforce!