WELLNESS ARTICLES AND RESOURCES
- How to Stop Overthinking - and Start Living
- Taking Your 'Mental Health' Temperature During COVID-19
- What “Self-Care” Means Right Now, According To Experts
Learn more about when you need the following and when you don't.
Colonoscopy -- Protect yourself from unnecessary tests and colon cancer.
Health Checkups -- Learn more about when to schedule and what tests are appropriate.
Allergy Tests -- Read how to manage allergies and hives.
Bone-density Tests -- Keep your bones strong.
Antibiotics -- Discover steps you can take to reduce use of antibiotics.
Medical Scans -- Learn about the hazards of medical scans.
- Six Reasons Not to Fill a Cavity: Some cavities can be fixed without drilling-and-filling it. Rather, by treating it painlessly, quickly and inexpensively with silver diamine fluoride (SDF). Learn more about this FDA approved alternative that is quicker and less expensive than a standard filling .
- Six Things to Know About Adapting to the New Workplace highlights steps you need to take to stay safe.
- Read Rethinking the Baby Aspirin in the Time of COVID to discover the 4 reasons to reconsider taking a baby aspirin. The thinking in place a few months ago now needs to be reexamined. Review the pros and cons of taking baby aspirin so you can make a more informed healthcare choice.
- A stent is a little tube inserted into a blood vessel, to unclog it. Roughly 1.8 million are implanted in Americans every year. Could it really be the case that humans are so ill-evolved that without stents our arteries would remain clogged and many more of us would die? Read Six Things Employees Need to Know About Stents (Part 1) and Six Things Employees Need to Know About Stents (Part 2) to learn what you need to know before getting a stent implanted.
- Americans are the most overscreened, overdiagnosed, overtreated, over-medicated society on earth, partly because we often demand inappropriate healthcare and partly because we don’t question doctors as much as we should. Learn the right questions to ask by reading Five Questions to Ask a Doctor Before Agreeing to a Test or Procedure.
- Zantac was recalled from all shelves. This is due to low levels of a cancer-causing contaminant. Many questions about this contaminant are still unanswered, so it is unclear when if at all Zantac will be back on the market. We have listed your potential heartburn drug options in Zantac has been recalled. What should you take instead?
- Musculoskeletal conditions top the list of things that bother people during their working years. And tops on the list of musculoskeletal conditions is back pain. There is no one answer to back pain, and some conventional therapies may do more harm than good. Read Six Things to Know about Back Pain to learn what can be said with confidence.
- The best and safest way to prevent and control your heartburn is through altering your diet and lifestyle. This was outlined in the previous installment of Six Things Employees Should Know about Heartburn, last month. In this installment, we cover remedies, specifically the most popular remedy, the Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI).
- Heartburn -- also known as indigestion or acid reflux — seems to be a part of the human condition. Likely a third of the American adult population experience this condition at least once a month. Many suffers reach for a drug remedy, yet simple lifestyle changes can reduce the need, and nobody should be taking any drug designed as a remedy every day. Learn more by reading Six Things Employees Should Know about Heartburn – Part 1
- Trouble sleeping? You are not alone. According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, each night millions of Americans struggle to fall asleep or stay asleep. At some point, many adults experience short-term (acute) insomnia which can last for several days or weeks. Read Six Things You May Not Know about Sleep to learn more about sleep inhibitors.
- You probably want to eat a healthy diet most of the time…. but that turns out to be much harder than it would appear because of "hidden" sugar in our foods. Six Things People Don’t Know about Sugar helps you make more informed choices.
Addiction: Addiction stops for nothing, not even Coronavirus.Rehabs are still open. Get the help you need today. Although the COVID-19 pandemic has forced most of the country into lockdown, rehab centers are still open. The virus may be on everyone’s mind, but drug and alcohol abuse continue to cause overdoses and destroy families. If you or your loved one struggles with addiction, it is possible to begin recovery today. Visit www.AddictionCenter.com/Covid-
19for additional resources.