Housing Production Plan 2021
Help Envision Future Housing in Ashland
The ‘Housing Production Plan Update’ will identify new housing challenges, shape the town’s housing goals for the future, and guide the implementation of an inclusive housing policy.
We need your input as Ashland seeks to update its 2015 Housing Production Plan (HPP) to further increase housing diversity, affordability, and opportunity in town. The update will also focus on implementing one of the recommendations from the 2015 HPP: to establish a townwide inclusionary zoning bylaw. The proposed policy would require a certain number of units in new housing developments to be set aside for low-and moderate-income households. Inclusionary zoning requirements can target specific housing needs but must also be carefully crafted based on local market conditions to ensure housing development remains economically feasible.
Your participation in two public forums will help the town identify new housing challenges, update housing goals for the future, and craft an inclusionary zoning policy that is right for Ashland. The first public forum was held on December 29, 2020, and the second was held on April 29, 2021. The recordings of both forums and related materials can be found below.
The Select Board and Planning Board will have a joint meeting on May 19, 2021 to discuss and vote on the Housing Production Plan. The full Plan, as well as the detailed Executive Summary focuses on the most important elements of the plan: key data takeaways from the updated housing needs assessment, housing goals, housing priority strategies, and housing development opportunities, are available below.
For more information on the Housing Production Plan process or Inclusionary Zoning, please contact Peter Matchak, Town Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Emma Snellings, Assistant Town Planner, at email@example.com
- May 19, 2021: Concurrent Select Board and Planning Board meeting to discuss and vote on Housing Production Plan @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Ron Etskovitz, Board of Health
- Steve Greenberg, Affordable Housing Trust
- Tricia Kendall, Planning Board
- Brandi Kinsman, Select Board
- Aaron Ladd, Community Preservation Committee
- David Rosenblum, Affordable Housing Trust @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>