January 18, 2022
66 Front Street
Ashland, MA 01721
VIRTUAL - C.R.A.F.T. *for TEENS & ADULTS
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Crafternoon - Each month a new art or craft to make and take!
Please pick up a Take & Make supply kit from the Ashland Library, or assemble your own using the list below. Everyone will need to supply their own scissors, hairdryer/heatgun, and oven mitt as they are not included in the Take & Make Kit.
You will need:
- White tissue paper
- A white pillar candle
- Wax paper
- A design you want to place on the candle. The easiest designs to work with are ones that do not wrap all the way around the candle, and which also have a margin of candle at top and bottom. The designs in the Take & Make kits have been pre-sized to work with the candles provided.
- Sharpie marker or other coloring medium that will write on the tissue paper without destroying it. Crayola markers will not work as they will shred the tissue paper. [not included in Take & Make kit]
- Scissors [not included in Take & Make kit]
- A hair dryer or heat gun [not included in Take & Make kit]
- Oven mitt or potholder or small towel [not included in Take & Make kit]
- Scotch tape (optional)
* This month's C.R.A.F.T. is being offered as VIRTUAL ONLY. As our priority is safety, we've made this difficult decision due to the current surge in Covid 19 cases in Ashland and the expected spike after the holidays.
Crafternoon is now for Tweens, Teens, and Adults!!
If you are in grade 6-adult join us to learn a new craft!
Please register for this event so we can know how much material to have on hand as all materials supplied.
Personalized Decorative Candles
Candles have evolved from a basic form of light to an expression of individuality and mood. We welcome you to join us and learn how to customize any wax candle into a perfect expression of you. Add hearts for Valentine's Day, mandalas or meditation mazes for a relaxing spa day, your favorite quote, or even your ex's name to be burned in effigy. The possibilities are endless! You can even combine this method with an inkjet printer to make photo candles.
Hear all about our events by signing up for the library's newsletter!