May 13, 2023
66 Front Street
Ashland , MA 01721
Cookbook Club: "The Pepper Thai Cookbook : Family Recipes From Everyone's Favorite Thai Mom" *For Adults
Saturday, May 13, 2023
We're so excited about our Cookbook Club at the Ashland Public Library! For this meeting we are focusing on recipes from "The Pepper Thai Cookbook : Family Recipes From Everyone's Favorite Thai Mom" by Pepper Teigen. Pepper (sometimes known as Chrissy's mom!) teaches you how to make all her hits from the traditional dishes she grew up with to playful twists on Thai classics. Influenced by Thailand, California, and everywhere in between, Pepper's mouthwatering recipes and sharp sense of humor will satisfy anyone craving a taste of something sensational, whether that's a peek into America's most-talked- about family's kitchen or a rich and spicy spoonful of Massaman Beef Curry.
Please register so we know how much cutlery to have on hand. But, make whatever you want - we're fine if recipes are duplicated!
How it works:
- Get the book from the library or order it from the library catalog. (If you can't find this book, please use any recipe you can find that adheres to the theme.)
- Pick a recipe from "The Pepper Thai Cookbook : Family Recipes From Everyone's Favorite Thai Mom".
- Make enough to share (for about 10 people) and bring your own serving utensils.
- Come to the library and be prepared to eat, share, chat, and connect over food.
- We'll be talking about what you liked or didn't like about the cookbook, how you picked your recipe, and if you modified it at all.
Per the Public Health Department:
- This is a potluck event, the food is donated and shared, it does not come from a licensed kitchen.
- The library is not liable for allergies but all cooks are encouraged to bring an ingredient card with their food so we can be aware of allergens.
- Attendees must contribute to participate.
We cannot guarantee that there will be gluten free or vegetarian/vegan options as attendees will choose the dishes they will make. We will, though, have individual meetings that focus on various topics that may feature these kinds of choices.
Sign Up for our Newsletter!